Network interface cards (NICs) are a key component of modern server networks. They enable the host computer to connect to the network and exchange data with other computers. With so many different types of NICs on the market, it can be difficult to determine which one is best for your server network. In this article, we will explore the different types of NICs and discuss the best server network interface cards available. We will also explain how to choose the best NIC for your server network needs.
Gigabit Dual NIC With Intel 82576 Chip, 1Gb Network Card Compare
- ✅10/100/1000Mbps NIC: Dual RJ45 Ports support 10/100/1000Mbps and connect Cat5/ Cat6/ Cat7, up to 100 meters. PCIe v2.0 (5GT/s), x1 Lane, compatible with PCIE X1, X4, X8, X16 Slot
- ✅Widely Compatible OS：Windows 7/8/10/Visa/XP, Windows Server 2003/ 2008/ 2012, Linux, VMware ESX. (Does not support VMware ESXi 7.0 or above.)
- ✅Premium Controller: Gigabit NIC base on original Intel 82576 chip, which supports Intelligent Offloads and improve servers stability. Compare to Intel E1G42ET.
- ✅Advanced Function: Support Intelligent offloads, Jumbo Frames, SR-IOV, PXE, VLAN, iSCSI, WOL, DPDK, which meet your various needs on data center.
- ✅After-sales Service: Provides 24/7 Customer Service, 30 Days Free-returned, 1 Year Free Warranty and Lifetime Technology Support.
- ✅Excellent Technology: On-chip QoS and Traffic management; Load balancing on multiple CPUs; TCP checksum offloading capabilities; Virtual Machine Device queue(VMDq); PCI-SIG* SR-IOV implementation.
- ✅Easy to Install: Coming with a driver CD to install OS, you also can download it from intel website. Packed with BOTH Low Profile Bracket and Full-height Bracket that support on Standard and Slim computer/server.
2.5GBase-T PCIe Network Adapter With 1 Port, 2500/1000/100Mbps PC
- [CONVERTS A PCIE SLOT INTO A 2. 5G ETHERNET PORT]: Fits any PCI Express x1, x2, x4, x8 or x16 socket; Additional 8cm Low-profile bracket provides the option for installation in small size HTPC case. NOTE: Only work with PCI-E slot, Not for PCI Slot.
- [2. 5GBASE-T PCI EXPRESS NETWORK CARD]: The Realtek RTL8125-CG 10/100/1000M/2 . 5G Ethernet controller combines a 4-speed IEEE 802. 3 compatible Media Access Controller (MAC) with a four-speed Ethernet transceiver, PCI Express bus controller, and embedded memory.
- [PACKAGE INCLUDES]: 2. 5G PCIe network card, standard bracket, low-profile-bracket, screwdriver, screws
- [WIDE USAGE]: Enables PCIe-enabled client, such as desktop, workstation, server, communications platforms, and embedded applications
- [SUPPORT OS]: Windows 10, Windows8/8. 1, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012/2008, Linux up to 4. 15
2.5 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express PCI-E Network Interface Card 10/
- Gigabit network card compatible with a broad range of operating systems, including Windows 10, 8/8.1, 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, xp-64bit, Vista, vista-64bit, 7, 7-64 Bit, Linux, Mac OS 10.7
- With this PCIe Card, you can add a 10/100/1000/25000 Mbps Ethernet port to any PC through a PCIe slot.Fits any PCI Express x1, x2, x4, x8 or x16 socket; additional 8cm low-profile bracket provides the option for installation in small size HTPC case.
- This pci-based 10/100/1000/25000 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet network adapter card provides a simple connection to a 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet network, and is fully compatible with 802.1Q virtual LAN (VLAN) tag. And Ethernet card which Is compliant to IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3U & IEEE802.3ab.
- The high quality PCIe 2.5 Gigabit NIC with 12cm profile bracket and additional 8cm profile bracket that makes it easy to install the card in a small form Factor/Low profile computer case/server.
- What you get: IO crest 2.5 Gigabit PCI-E network card x1, driver Disk x1, 8cm low-profile bracket x1. Backed by IO crest 3 Year hassle-free warranty and lifetime customer service. Important Note: only work with PCI-E slot, not for PCI slot.
LTERIVER PCI Express to 2-Ports Gigabit Ethernet Adapter for Wind
- 3. Fully compatible with IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1P Layer 2 Priority Encoding, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging, IEEE 802.3az-2010 (EEE), Full Duplex flow control (IEEE 802.3x).
- 4. Compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP (32/64) systems and Windows server 2003, 2003R2, 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2, 2016, 2019, 2022 (32/64) systems. Support most of Linux system, NOT works on MAC OS.
- 1. Add 2-Ports gigabit NIC lane card on desktop PCs, NAS or Working Stations, enjoy 2X 1Gbps super speed network connection. Auto detect and switch each ethernet speed to 1000/100/10Mbps.
- 2. Microsoft always on always connected, support link change wakes up and remote Wake-On-Lan technology. 2X Realtek RTL811H high performance Ethernet NIC card chipset.
- 5. Full height bracket mounted on network card, Low profile bracket in the package, support slim size PCs and full height PCs. Based on PCI Express X1 interface, will works on PCI Express bus X1, X2, X4, X8, X16 slot.
10Gb SFP+ PCI-E Network Card NIC, With Broadcom BCM57810S Chip, D
- ✅After-sales service: Provides 24/7 Customer Service, 30 Days Free-returned, 1 Year Free Warranty and Lifetime Technology Support.
- ✅SFP+ PCI-E NIC: 10Gb Dual SFP+ Ports, apply to 10G SFP+ module/ DAC /AOC. PCI Express 2.0. 5.0 G T/s x 8 Lane, compatible with PCIE X8, X16 Slot.
- ✅Controller(s): Base on Broadcom BCM57810S Controller, which supports Single Root I/O virtualization and improve servers stability. Compare to Broadcom BCM57810S Ethernet Network Card.
- ✅Easy to install：Coming with a driver CD to install the card. Packed with BOTH Low Profile Bracket and Full-height Bracket that support on Standard and Slim computer/server.
- ✅Support OS：Windows 7/8/10, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, Linux, Centos/RHEL 6/7/8, Ubuntu 16/18/19/20, Debian 9/10/11, FreeBSD 10/11/12, Vmware ESX/Esxi 6/7, SLSE 11/12,etc.
Consider These Factors Before Buying Server Network Interface Cards
Before choosing which Server Network Interface Cards to test, we spent hours researching the specs and features. We read reviews from reliable sources that had extensive experience as well as customer reviews and ratings. We only checked the reliability of the latter on Fakespot, though.
After that, we narrowed our search based on the following criteria:
Are Specs Really Useful to You?
The first factor to consider is whether the specs are really useful to you. Different people value different things, so it’s important to do some introspection and determine which features are most important to your needs.
For instance, if you’re looking for a Server Network Interface Cards that is specifically designed for heavy-duty use, then you may want to prioritize things like durability and power over other factors like design or sleekness of the unit.
What Is Your Budget?
Next, think about what you’re willing and able to spend on Server Network Interface Cards. Keep in mind that you don’t always need top-of-the-line products – sometimes, generic or off-brand options can be just as good for half the price.
However, it’s also important not to skimp on quality and end up with a product that quickly breaks down or doesn’t perform as expected. So be sure to do your research and read reviews carefully before making any final decisions.
How Much Support Do You Need?
Finally, consider how much support you need when buying Server Network Interface Cards. Will you have access to customer service if something goes wrong? Is there additional warranty coverage or after-sales support available?
These factors can make a big difference in ensuring that you are satisfied with your purchase and won’t have to worry about getting stuck with an inferior unit or dealing with unexpected costs down the road. Ultimately, finding the right balance of these different factors will help you make the best decision possible when shopping for Server Network Interface Cards.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the primary benefits of using a server network interface card?
The primary benefits of using a server network interface card are increased network speed, improved system reliability, and better security. A server network interface card can provide a higher bandwidth connection to a network, which can result in faster transfer speeds and improved network performance. Additionally, server network interface cards are designed to be more reliable than other network interface cards, which can help reduce the risk of system downtime. Finally, server network interface cards often provide enhanced security features, such as advanced encryption and authentication protocols, which can help protect data transmissions from unauthorized access.
2. How does a server network interface card improve network performance?
A server network interface card (NIC) improves network performance by providing faster data transfer rates and increased connectivity to multiple networks. It also helps reduce latency and improve overall network performance by providing better throughput and enhanced security. Additionally, a server NIC can help optimize network traffic and increase the overall speed of the network.
3. What features should I look for when selecting a server network interface card?
When selecting a server network interface card, look for features such as: – High network performance and throughput – Low latency – Gigabit Ethernet or 10 Gigabit Ethernet support – A wide range of port options – Multiple port configurations – Advanced management features such as SNMP, port mirroring, and traffic filtering – Support for Power over Ethernet (PoE) and Virtual LAN (VLAN) – Compatibility with existing hardware and software systems
4. Are server network interface cards compatible with different types of networks?
Yes, server network interface cards are compatible with different types of networks. They can be used to connect to Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and other types of networks.
5. What types of server network interface cards are available?
Types of server network interface cards available include Ethernet, Fibre Channel, Infiniband, and Token Ring.